Life as a Fish

Sunday, February 01, 2009

Home Sweet Home


Spent about 10 days of 2008 in UK so far… and nearer 4 months in Indonesia!! That’s 1/3 of my year… God certainly has written that country on my heart during this time away, although not sure what that exactly means!!


In this time I have mostly been...

  • reading Irresistible Revolution (should be canonised) and Isaiah – there’s some amazing stuff in that book!;
  • eating rice and tuna, and Cha Chas (fake peanut M&Ms – they saved my life out there!);
  • listening to Robbie Seay Band, Newton Faulks and Shane&Shane (Give thanks to the Lord for He is good…);
  • watching Greys Anatomy (yup that rights Bodes, right there with ya girrrrl!) and Lost Season 3;
  • travelling in boats – speed boats, slow boats, fast (6hr boats) and overnight boats. If you ever need any advice about going on a boat journey in Indonesia, I’m your girl (but do yourself a favour and just don’t!!);
  • living life without email and texting – surprisingly refreshing;
  • learning to speak Indonesian, still a loooooooong way to go!!
  • visiting the doctor – ear aches, infected knee, gastritis and stomach cramping – I was there a lot!
  • realising my actual rubbishness in the face of the awesomeness of God, and how amazing it is that I can know Him despite that, how intensely He loves me still and desires to use me maybe even because of my weakness.
  • having my heart break over friends that don’t know this and desperately need to!! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh that’s pain, right there!!

    And now I’m back. England, are you ready??!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home