Life as a Fish

Friday, May 23, 2008

Painting

So for 2 days we set about cleaning up and repainting the concrete banisters surrounding the steeple of the church (which bizarrely was set next to the church and not on top of it). It was a fun time really, although hard work and also lots of sacrificing and submitting to the Indonesian way of doing things! From the colour (blue and yellow) to the neatness (paint drips and smudges everywhere) I was continually reminding myself that it’s their church, not mine, and I have to give up my idea of how it should be done and what it should look like… it was an interesting challenge for someone who is a bit of a control freak and perfectionist!!

It was a really fun time to build relationships though, and I seriously don’t think I laugh as much with anyone than with Indonesians…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home