Life as a Fish

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Church

Indonesian church was an interesting adventure. Every week we attended cell groups, youth group, prayer and worship meetings and church. Church started at 7.00 on Sunday morning, and was the only thing that wasn’t translated for us. It was a special youth service that was attended by about 500 young people and usually went for about an hour and a half. And I had absolutely no clue what was going on for 97% of the time.

It reminded me quite a lot of Brazil… lots of energy and they love singing in worship! Randomly they took a collection twice every service – I never worked out why. The sermon was always given by a pastor from the church who was generally of the sombre yet shouty variety. Sometimes we were asked to contribute but not always with a lot/any notice. I usually looked forward to the end because it was always hot, and I was always hungry (we didn’t have breakfast until after church!!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home